Fried Chicken is one of the favorite snacks for every one of us – Especially the kids. Their evening would be enlightened with a fried chicken. Even as adults, we love gulping in a few pieces.
Though it is the most loved, it is not the best food to have every evening. It is high in fat and calories. Having them once a week would be best. So, you would have to do the entire recipe again week after week. What if you were told that you could freeze the cooked fried chicken?
Can You Freeze Fried Chicken? Yes. You can Freeze the Fried Chicken for up to four months. Refrigerating them would keep up the freshness only for three to four days. Freezing the fried chicken locks the flavor and the nutrients. There may be few changes in the texture once you defrost it. Following the proper thawing and reheating procedures could give you the same crispy fried chicken as if it was a fresh one.
It is as easy as said. The freezing and thawing procedures must be followed to get the perfect Fried Chicken. You might be having a lot of questions in mind about freezing the Fried Chicken.
Let us get them addressed one by one.
- How to Freeze Fried Chicken?
- How to Thaw Frozen Fried Chicken?
- How long can you Freeze Fried Chicken?
- How do you make frozen fried chicken crispy?
- How do you reheat frozen cooked fried chicken?
- Can you freeze raw, battered chicken?
- Can you freeze Fried Chicken wings?
- Can you freeze Fried Chicken Strips?
- Can You Freeze Fried Chicken cutlets?
- Can you freeze fried Chicken breast?
- Can You Freeze Fried Chicken nuggets?
- How long can I store the thawed Fried Chicken Nuggets last in the fridge?
- Can You Freeze KFC Fried Chicken?
- How many days can Fried Chicken stay fresh in the refrigerator?
- Should we reheat the Chicken tenders that are already cooked?
- Final Words
How to Freeze Fried Chicken?
Freezing the fried chicken is very simple.
- If you have just now cooked a fresh lot of Fried Chicken and want to freeze a few of them, the foremost thing to do is to allow them to cool down completely. You cannot take them to the freezer when they are still warm. At the same time, you should also keep in mind that the longer the chicken stays out, the higher is the risk of contamination. So, keep an eye on the chicken. When it is just out of the warmer zone, start the freezing process.
- Once they are completely cooled down, start wrapping them with freezer wraps. Make sure you cover each of them separately. You can also use an extra layer of protection using aluminum foil.
- After two layers of wrapping, put them in an airtight container or freezer bag. Make sure there is no excess air remaining in the freezer bags. This will act as an additional layer of protection.
- Before placing the container/bag into the freezer, make sure you label the container with the date of preparation and the bags. You may have them as a ready reference to determine the freshness of the chicken.
How to Thaw Frozen Fried Chicken?
Thawing the frozen fried chicken is very simple.
Once you are ready to use your frozen fried chicken, remove them from the freezer and place them in the refrigerator.
It usually takes eight to twelve hours to thaw completely. If you plan to use them the next morning, make sure you transfer them the night before.
You may notice a slight change in the texture when you thaw them. You can reheat them at the slightest mode to bring back the original crispy texture.
How long can you Freeze Fried Chicken?
A Properly airtight wrapped Fried Chicken can stay in the freezer for up to four months. Well, the frozen chicken can be edible for an indefinite period. But, the longer it stays in the freezer,
the flavor and the texture start deteriorating.
How do you make frozen fried chicken crispy?
When you thaw the Fried Chicken, the texture may have slight changes. So, you need to follow the proper reheating procedures to bring back the original crispiness.
- Once the frozen chicken has completely thawed and back to room temperature, place them in the wire rack on a sheet tray and heat them for 15 minutes at 350 F in the oven.
- For a crispy texture, raise the temperature to 400 F.
- Heat for another five to eight minutes.
How do you reheat frozen cooked fried chicken?
To reheat the frozen fried chicken,
- Make sure to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken pieces with a few inches of space between them on a wire baking rack.
- Cook in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes until the chicken thighs are hot or the thermometer registers 150 degrees Fahrenheit on a thermometer.
Can you freeze raw, battered chicken?
To freeze the raw, battered chicken,
- Place the uncooked breaded chicken breast in large cookie sheets.
- Cover them lightly with a plastic wrap and freeze them for three to four hours until they become solid.
- Once they are solid, remove them from the freezer.
- Wrap each of them in plastic wrap and aluminum wrap.
- Put them together in a two-quart bag for up to one month. Make sure there is no excess air in the two-quart before placing them in the freezer.
Can you freeze Fried Chicken wings?
Yes. You can freeze the fried chicken wings. If you keep them frozen at 0-degree Fahrenheit, they can stay edible for an indefinite period. However, the taste and texture begin to fade after three months. The best recommended period for consuming the frozen fried chicken wings is three months.
Can you freeze Fried Chicken Strips?
Yes. You can certainly freeze the fried chicken strips for up to three months. It is better to consume it within three months, after which the flavor and texture might start fading away. If you follow the proper defrosting and reheating methods, the fried chicken strips can be as fresh as a new one.
Can You Freeze Fried Chicken cutlets?
Yes. You can freeze the cooked Fried Chicken cutlets for up to three months. You can freeze them on a baking sheet until they become firm. This might take one hour. Then transfer the cutlets to an airtight container or freezer bags with parchment sheets between the cutlets.
Can you freeze fried Chicken breast?
Yes. Freezing the fried Chicken breast is completely safe if you follow the correct Freezing and thawing procedures. You can store them safely for two to six months.
Can You Freeze Fried Chicken nuggets?
Yes. If they are properly stored, they can stay fresh in the freezer for up to three months. It can remain safe beyond that, but the taste and texture might start dropping. You have to keep in mind that the Fried Chicken Nuggets have to be frozen at 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long can I store the thawed Fried Chicken Nuggets last in the fridge?
The Fried Chicken nuggets that have been thawed can be stored for an additional two days in the fridge. But if the nuggets are thawed in the oven or the cold water must be consumed immediately.
Can You Freeze KFC Fried Chicken?
Yes. Most of us are addicted to KFC fried chicken. We always tend to buy more than what our stomach can accommodate. Have you ever tried freezing them? Well, now you can. KFC is completely safe to freeze for up to three months.
How many days can Fried Chicken stay fresh in the refrigerator?
Fried Chicken can stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to three to four days. You have to consume it within four days. Once the chicken is cooked, make sure you don’t let them sit out at room temperature for more than two hours. It helps in slowing down bacterial growth.
Should we reheat the Chicken tenders that are already cooked?
Yes. Though the frozen chicken tenders are already cooked, they have to be handled similar to natural products. They have to be cooked to a safe minimum internal temperature of 165-degree Fahrenheit.
So, the good news is, Yes, You can Freeze the Fried Chicken. Make sure you follow the proper freezing and thawing methods to maintain freshness. Now, your favorite snack is just by your reach.
Now you can serve them in style with all the original crispiness. Because you just learned the art.
Enjoy your cooking and happy Freezing!