If you want to make corn tortillas, pupusas, gorditas, tamales, and different Latin American cuisines, you need masa. Generally, masa is a maize dough that arrives from ground nixtamalized corn.
Using a durable corn grinder, you can easily make masa. If you want to know about the best corn grinders for masa, we are here to help you out.
In this article, we will show you the top five corn grinders that are suitable for making masa. Along with that, we have a brief buying guide and other relevant information.
- Best Corn Grinder For Masa
- 1. Victoria Manual High Hopper Grain Grinder
- 2. Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor
- 3. Powerful Electric Grain Mill Grinder
- 4. Kocbelle Wireless Electric Small Food Processor
- 5. Electric Food Chopper 8-cup Food Processor
- Factors To Consider Before Buying The Best Corn Grinder For Masa
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Final Word
- Victoria Manual High Hopper Grain Grinder
- Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor
- Powerful Electric Grain Mill Grinder
- HYDDNice 700g Grain Mill Grinder
- Electric Food Chopper 8-cup Food Processor
If you are looking for a high-end corn grinder, you can choose Victoria Manual High Hopper Grain Grinder. This food processor is specially designed to crush corn, maize, and other grains.
It is one of the large-capacity corn grinders. Due to that, you can grind large amounts of corn into masa at once.
This machine is made from cast-iron material by complying with international regulations. Besides that, the corn grinder comes with a sanitary double-tin plating to avoid stains and rusting.
Another best feature of this corn grinder is that you can modify the fineness and coarseness of the milling by using adjustable screws.
The ultimate discs are prepared from anti-erosion white iron for absolute durability and long-term use. The grinding disk cover ensures the safety and continues grind output.
Due to its incredible grinding power, you can use this corn grinder for mincing other ingredients such as barley, wheat, cheese, vegetables, coffee, grains, spices, meat, nuts, and more.
You will receive a clamp that can be adjusted easily to several boards and tables 1/2” to 2” thick. The protective non-slip rubber resists the grinder from slipping and also safeguards your surfaces.
- The food grinder is perfect for versatile use
- It is made of cast iron for maximum performance
- For additional safety, there is a grinding disk cover
- It has a turn and clamp system for easy installation
- It comes with double-tin plating to prevent stains
- This heavy-duty food grinder is available at a reasonable cost
- The corn grinder shows high resistance to wear
- You can adjust between fine or coarse milling
- The food processor features anti-erosion white iron disks for ultimate durability
- The device is good for everyday use
- After every use, you need to dry and oil the whole surface to prevent rusting
- Many customers complained that the metal shavings are found in the ground corn powder
- A few users said that the metal edge on the feeding mechanism was broken after three or four uses
Here is our second pick, which is another durable corn grinder for masa. This medium-capacity food processor can grind up to 9 cups of corn at once. Besides that, you can also use this for grinding other vegetables and various grains.
This professional-grade corn grinder runs on a powerful 1000-peak-watt motor. In addition to that, it has enough power to make powdered masa at once. Due to that, you do not have to grind the corn two or three times.
The corn grinder has four different Auto-iQ preset programs which you can use easily. With a one-touch button, this grinder can shred, slice, chop and grind the ingredients.
You can also make masa dough and other batter using a separate dough blade. The dough mixer with the torque can produce up to two pounds of dough in 30 seconds.
This corn grinder features BPA-free and dishwasher-safe parts. If you want to clean the food processor, make sure to remove the bowls and blades. After that, wash them with lukewarm water and dish liquid. Remember not to use your hands directly while rinsing the blades.
You will get a food processor, a feed chute lid and pusher, a quad chopping blade, and a disc adapter in the package. In addition to those, you will receive a recipe guide that contains detailed instructions for around 20 recipes.
- The food grinder includes a 1000-peak-watt motor
- It is a 9-cup capacity corn grinder
- The food processor has a precision processor bowl
- It comes with a separate dough blade
- This grinder has chopping, shredding, mixing, and slicing options
- It features three different manual programs
- Accessible at an affordable price
- The corn grinder includes four Auto-iQ intelligent preset programs
- It is easy to use and clean
- The corn grinder has an incredible suction power
- All machine parts are BPA free and dishwasher safe
- Due to its small feed tube, you need to cut the long ingredients before putting them in the grinder
- Some users complained that this corn grinder stops working after two months or so
- The gap between the hole and grater in the shredding disk gets stuck with food particles
If you are in search of an electric corn grinder, here is the perfect pick. This grain mill runs on a 1,250-watt LG Electronics motor which is known for its incredible capacity and long-term performance.
This electric grinder can grind around 100 lbs of masa within one hour without being overloaded. In less than 40 seconds, this grinder can turn two cups of corn into masa.
You can use this heavy-duty grinder for crushing other ingredients such as rice, wheat, lentils, salt, beans, seeds, peas, and many more. There is a filtration tube that catches the ground powder and prevents a huge mess.
Unlike other models, this grinder produces little to no noise. It comes with a cyclo-canister, which can be cleaned easily. Due to its enclosed compartments and easily detachable design, it prevents dust from pouring out.
One of the best things about this electric grinder is that it can crush ingredients for up to 10 hours without getting overheated. Plus, it has a durable micronizing milling chamber and stainless steel fins.
There is a tight seal lid and removable container to keep the masa dry. Using this corn grinder is also very easy because it has only five parts. Besides that, there are no other complex settings or buttons.
- The electric corn grinder is sturdy, fast-grinding, and lasts long
- It can grind 100 lbs of masa in one hour
- For modifying fineness, there is an adjustable knob
- It produces the least noise while grinding (around 80 decibels)
- You will receive a free detachable storage container
- It runs on 1250 watt powerful LG motor
- The electric grinder can work up to 10 hours without overheating
- It is easy to clean the mill grinder
- There is a spewing flour filter
- The corn grinder is made of high-quality materials
- You will get a limited lifetime warranty for the mill grinder
- This grinder complies with the quality and safety standards of UL (USA), CSA (Canada), and CE (the European Union).
- Due to its design, some small grains which move down the hopper will come out of the grinder
- A few users said that the metal piece was melting after using this grinder a couple of times
- The corn grinder is a bit expensive than other models
Next, we have the commercial grinder, which can grind almost all types of grains and spices. In addition to that, it has the capacity of mincing 700 grams of corn at once.
The commercial grinder is made from premium quality stainless steel material. It runs on a powerful and high-end 2500 watt motor and features a rotating speed of 36000r per minute.
It includes 50 to 300 fineness mesh. The grinder can work constantly for up to five minutes. After every use, make sure to leave this grinder for about 10 minutes.
With its high-speed motor, it can grind different types of ingredients into a fine powder within minutes. The motor blade is of high quality and shows resistance to wear.
You can control this grinder using the red knob, which is located at the front surface. It allows you to set the working time freely (0 to 5 minutes).
If the grinder stops working because of overloading, you can press the overload protector button, which is present at the side of the machine.
Another great feature of this grinder is that it will stop working if the lid is not closed properly. There are two locks on both sides of the container. You can lock the lid tightly by overturning the two handles and putting them down.
- This grinder is sturdy, reliable, and works for a long time
- It is easy to use this commercial grinder
- The container is also made of stainless steel
- It comes with S-shaped blades, which are made from high-quality substances
- There is an overload protector button at the side
- It includes a wear-resisting metal motor blade
- The grinder has durable handle locks on both sides of the container
- You can lock the lid easily using the long handles
- It features an upgraded open cover stop lid design to ensure ultimate safety
- You will get extra accessories in the package
- This commercial grinder can not grind the wet, oily, and watery ingredients properly
- You can not wash this grain grinder with water
- Some users reported that this grinder gets overheated easily, and a few complained that the user manual is not helpful
Lastly, we have the best budget-friendly corn grinder. The compact grinder runs on a strong 300-watt motor. This food processor can mince corn, grains, vegetables, meat, fruits, and nuts.
The blades are made of stainless steel material. Due to its four-blade design, even the tiny ingredients will be grounded quickly. At the top, there is a safe lid to protect the inner contents.
The food processor comes with a three-speed design and is convenient to grind eggs, various soft foods, and different hard foods. There is a one-touch button at the top of the machine.
One feature that we liked about this grinder is that it includes an overheat protection function. Due to that, when the machine is overheated, it will automatically stop working. After some time, you can tap the top button to restart the grinder.
You will get a transparent 2-liter glass container so that you can see if the corn is ground well or not. The grinder comes with a non-slip rubber mat to enhance stability and prevent slipping.
Due to its portable design, you can store it even in small spaces. Besides that, you can move the machine easily with the help of the handle.
It has a low-noise design as well. You can remove all parts of the food processor, which makes it easy to clean.
- The grinder comes with four stainless steel blades
- It includes three-speed functions
- The entire body is made of high-quality substances
- It works on a high-end 300-watt motor with a speed of 3500r per minute
- You will get a reliable and transparent two-liter food bowl
- It can grind various kinds of ingredients within minutes
- There is an anti-slip pad at the bottom to avoid slipping
- It is easy to install the blade and the lid
- The food processor has a low-noise design
- It features a one-touch button at the top of the grinder
- The machine has an overheat protection function
- All parts can be dismantled for convenient cleaning
- A few complained that the band at the bottom of the machine comes off constantly, and it is difficult to put it back
- Sometimes the inner rubber ring comes out, and putting it back is not easy
- Some customers said that the lid leaked the internal ingredients occasionally
Consider the below factors before purchasing any corn grinder for masa.
Make sure to get a grinder that can crush the corn into masa quickly with smooth fineness. Choose the food processors that have different speed options so that you can grind all types of ingredients. Some of the above products even have three-speed options.
Here is another important factor. Select the food processors that have sharp blades because they can also grind tiny ingredients evenly. A few models will feature a detachable blade design for convenient cleaning.
At present, small capacity, medium capacity, and large capacity corn grinders are available. You can pick the model that will meet your requirements. For making masa in tiny amounts, a small capacity grinder is suitable.
It is vital to buy corn grinders that are made from high-quality materials. Several models in this list are made of stainless steel, which is durable and lasts long. Choose the grinder that is highly resistant to rust, heat, and corrosion. It is better to avoid using grinders that are made of weak or plastic materials.
Generally, grinders that have high-end motors can work for a longer period. In addition to that, they can turn the corn into masa flour within seconds. Compact grinders feature up to 300-watt motor, and large capacity machines run on a 700-watt motor.
Yes, you can grind masa in a corn grinder. Because of that, you no longer need to buy masa from the store. With the help of a durable corn grinder, it will be easy for you to make masa in much lesser time with only a little effort.
Some grinders are specially manufactured to grind corn into masa. You can also use them to turn flour into masa dough. Besides that, you can find small capacity, medium capacity, and large capacity corn grinders.
No, not all the food grinders can grind corn into masa. It is because a few models are meant to crush only soft foods, and if you try to grind corn, they might stop working. But, you can use almost all the heavy-duty grinders to make masa. Remember to use only reliable and high-performance corn grinders to make masa.
In the present market, you will come across numerous corn grinders that vary in their shape, size, material quality, bowl capacity, and more. Choosing the best corn grinders for making masa is not a simple task. But, after thorough testing, we carefully curated this list with the above five best products.
We choose Victoria Manual High Hopper Grain Grinder as the best corn grinder for masa. It has a commercial design, and it is made from durable materials. This large capacity grinder can grind corn, wheat, and other grains in less time.
It has heavy-duty construction, is available at an affordable price, and is easy to use. You can also adjust the milling and the clamp. Overall, it is a high-end corn grinder and is perfect to make masa.