Most of us know about the pounded yam due to its health benefits, rich taste, smooth and fluffy texture. But, making Pounded Yam from the starch requires a lot of work.
If you have a reliable food processor, you can make the pounded yam easily without using any mortar, pestle, and other tools.
We will give you the list of the best food processors for pounded yam with a buying guide and related information.
- Best Food Processor For Pounded Yam
- 2. MOSAIC Electric Food Processor
- 3. DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor
- 4. Kocbelle Wireless Electric Small Food Processor
- 5. SHARDOR 3.5-Cup Food Processor
- Factors To Consider Before Buying The Food Processor For Pounded Yam
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Best Food Processor For Pounded Yam
- Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor
- MOSAIC Electric Food Processor
- DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor
- Kocbelle Wireless Electric Small Food Processor
- SHARDOR 3.5-Cup Food Processor
If you are looking for a durable food processor to make Pounded Yam, this model is the perfect pick for you. It comes with a 9-cup capacity food bowl and gives excellent results even if you grind a small batch of onion or an entire bowl of potato pieces.
With its 1000-peak-watt motor, it works as a professional-grade food processor. Besides that, it has sufficient power to make a smooth mixture from the hard foods or ingredients.
The machine features four simple Auto-iQ preset programs. With a single touch of the button, the food processor can chop, shred, make the smooth sauce, and grind the batter.
If you want to grind Yam with flour to make the fluffy dough, there is a separate dough blade for that purpose. The dough mixer with the torque can make two pounds of dough within 30 seconds.
For cleaning all the blades and bowls, it is best to use a few drops of warm water and dish soap. While cleaning the blades, make sure not to have direct hand contact. All parts of this food processor are BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
The machine also contains a feed chute lid and pusher, a quad chopping blade, and a disc adapter. In the package, there is a recipe inspiration guide with instructions for about 20 recipes.
What We Liked
- It contains a separate dough blade
- 9-cup capacity food processor
- It comes with chopping, mixing, shredding, and slicing options
- Available at a reasonable price
- It features four Auto-iQ intelligent preset programs
- Includes precision processor bowl
- It has three manual programs
- The food processor has a 1000-peak-watt motor
- It features great suction power
- Easy to use and clean
- All machine parts are BPA free and dishwasher safe
What We Didn’t Like
- A few users complained that the food processor stopped working after one or two months of use
- In the shredding disk, there is a gap between the grater and the actual hole, which makes some food to get struck
- The feed tube is tiny, so you have to chop the large ingredients
For making Pounded Yam in small quantities, this food processor is ideal. The maximum capacity of this machine is 1.25 liters. It has a 5-cup capacity stainless steel food bowl, which is made from high-quality materials.
The food processor features the ControlSpeed System function. Due to that, you can control the speed and the pressure by pressing the button. Besides that, different speed options have different cutting sizes.
This portable food processor is designed to assure the highest performance, and it has a premium quality 400 Watt motor. The mincer can grind various foods such as fruits, veggies, dough, meat, ice, and even batter.
The sharp blades come with a titanium coating, which can enhance the hardness of the steel and maintain its sharpness for a longer time. These blades have a detachable design, and you can use either 2 or 4.
Another feature we liked about this food processor is that it is easy to clean. Simply keep the non-electric parts in the dishwasher. After detaching the remaining parts, you can wash them using warm water and dish liquid.
You will receive one food chopper main body, detachable blades, one stainless steel bowl (5 cup capacity), and a user manual.
What We Liked
- It includes dishwasher safe parts
- The food processor features four titanium hardened stainless steel blade
- It comes with a 400-watt motor
- The machine grinds and chops the ingredients within seconds
- It has a user-friendly design
- You can store the food processor easily
- It can crush ice cubes into snow within seconds
- Detachable parts make the clean up easy
- It is compact, portable, and weighs less
- Offers great value for the money
- It uses a modern and unique ControlSpeed system
What We Didn’t Like
- Despite being a tiny food processor, it produces loud noises
- As the blade housing is made from plastic, it will become hot because of the friction
- Some users reported that the food processor is jammed while grinding hard foods
If you want a high-capacity food processor to make Pounded Yam, you can buy this DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor. It comes with a 14-cup capacity food bowl, which is made from durable plastic material.
It includes a 4mm reliable slicing disc made of stainless steel. Besides that, there is a medium shredding disc and stainless steel chopping or mixing blade. It can grind, chop, slice, shred, knead, emulsify, puree, and mix the dough.
With its powerful 720-Watt large-capacity motor, you can grind the foods easily and quickly. Plus, the food processor has small and large pushers and a 36-inch cord.
This model contains a detachable disc stem, but the slicing and shredding blades are not adjustable. Unlike others, this high-end model features an extra-large feed tube. Due to that, you can add the ingredients without cutting them.
It is easy to control the food processor. Also, it includes one-touch On and Off or Pulse buttons. You can find these single-touch buttons at the bottom of the machine.
The food processor arrives with dishwasher-safe parts. You can wash the other parts after removing them using dish liquid.
You will get extra add-ons such as a reliable spatula and a detailed recipe booklet in the package. The food processor comes with a three-year limited warranty and ensures incredible performance.
What We Liked
- Large 14 cup capacity food processor
- The blades are made from durable stainless steel material
- The food processor comes with a 720-Watt motor
- It includes a 4mm stainless steel standard slicing disc
- The package contains a cord cable with a length of 36 inches
- It comes with an extra-large feed tube and food processor bowl
- The user manual includes proper setting instructions
- You will get small and large pushers
What We Didn’t Like
- The food processor is expensive than other models on our list
- You can not adjust the size of the shredding and slicing blades
- Due to its complicated design, cleaning this machine needs a lot of time
Here is one of the best electric food processors for making Pounded Yam. If you want a portable machine to keep in compact kitchen spaces, it is ideal for you. With the dimensions of 4.1 x 4.1 x 9.8 inches, it is one of the tiniest food processors.
The food processor has a 1.3 cup (300 ml) capacity food bowl. Besides that, it is a glass bowl and uses BPA-free material. The thickness of this bowl is 0.5mm, and it is more durable and resistant to heat.
Being an electric food processor, it operates on Lithium metal batteries whose capacity is 1200mAh. Plus, there is a separate USB port, and you can recharge the mincer using a portable cable.
The machine comes with a 150W motor base, and it does not produce much noise. For keeping the machine stable while running, the package includes a mini non-slip mat.
It features a one-touch control system. You can simply tap the top button to start and stop the grinding. Plus, you can control the spinning time of the blades.
It has three stainless steel blades that can be detachable. These sharp blades can grate, slice, and mince the ingredients at every angle. While cleaning, you can remove these three blades.
What We Liked
- Available at an affordable price
- Portable mini food processor and easy to store
- It comes with a 1.3 cup capacity bowl
- The food processor includes a 150-watt motor
- It has durable, long-lasting, and mini stainless steel blades
- The glass bowl is BPA-free
- Perfect food processor for making baby food
- You can press the buttons to turn on the food processor
- The electric food processor runs on a 1200 mAh battery
What We Didn’t Like
- With repeated use, the blades and motor would not be active and sharp
- Even though it is a portable food processor, it is heavy
- It does not have the best battery life
If you are looking for a versatile food processor, you should buy this SHARDOR 3.5-Cup Food Processor without any second thought. It can grind Pounded Yam, various fruits, vegetables, green leaves, dough, and many other ingredients.
With a 350-Watt motor, this mini machine stands on the list of powerful food processors. For coarse and fine foods, there are two different pulse operations. The food processor has a durable S-blade and a reversible stainless steel disc for shredding and slicing.
This machine will only run if the bowl is placed correctly in the LOCK area. Due to this feature, you can prevent unnecessary accidents. There is an attached non-slip foot which helps to keep the product stable on the surface.
You will get an extra feed chute that can accommodate all the ingredients for exact slicing and shredding. Besides that, it can grind the food quickly and easily.
It is easy to combine liquid ingredients such as dressings, sauces, and syrups through the opening in the cover. The food processor comes with some detachable parts, and they are dishwasher-safe. You can clean other parts by hand.
This product comes with a 2-year warranty. In addition to that, you will have a 6-month free replacement warranty. Besides that, the company provides 100% satisfactory customer service.
What We Liked
- One-touch switch with two different speed pulse
- It comes with 3.5 cup capacity food bowl
- You can add the food through the extra feed chute
- It includes sharp and durable S-blade
- For slicing and shredding, there is a reversible stainless steel disc
- You can clean the bowl easily
- It comprises a 2-year warranty and replacement warranty for 6 months
- Perfect for making Pounded Yam, sauce, creamy hummus, and tasty dressing
- The body material is reliable and lasts for a longer period
What We Didn’t Like
- Though it looks small, cleaning the machine is not easy
- The plate and blade design has some design flaws, which increases the risk of food clogging
- As there is no handle, it is difficult to take out the food bowl from the machine
Factors To Consider Before Buying The Food Processor For Pounded Yam
Make sure to look at the below features before choosing any food processor.
The food processor with high-speed functions will let you make Pounded Yam within seconds. The food processor needs a low-speed feature to blend the ingredients and a high-speed option to grind them. Due to that, it is best to select food processors that come with optimal and different speeds.
If you want to make large amounts of Pounded Yam at once, you can buy any of the high-cup capacity food processors. The low-capacity models are suitable if you will make Pounded Yam in tiny quantities.
3. Powerful Motor
In general, food processors with powerful motors can last for a longer duration. Besides that, they can grind Pounded Yam including other hard foods, within seconds.
Small and portable models have a powerful 300-watt motor, and large food processors have a 700-watt motor. In this list, you can find the models with different motors, for example, 150-watt, 350-watt, 400-watt, 720-watt, and even 1000-watt.
While buying the food processor, check whether you have enough space to store the machine or not. Also, if you want to carry it around, you have to choose portable and compact food processors.
Make sure to select the food processors that have a sharp blade. Almost all the models feature an S-blade design. Some high-end products will come with detachable blades so that you can use either two or four blades.
6. Other Factors
- It is best to buy a food processor that has easy to use touchpad controls or single-button operations
- While choosing a normal model, check the length of the cable
- Food processors that include a disc for shredding, and slicing, and other attachments are beneficial
- Selecting the model with a wide and large feed tube will allow you to add ingredients without cutting them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I Grind Pounded Yam in a Food Processor?
Yes, you can grind Pounded Yam in the food processor. The food processor will mince the Yam like the mortar and pestle to give fluffy Pounded Yam. By using the food processor, you can make Pounded Yam in less time with less effort.
You do not have to cut the Yams into pieces because the food processor comes with shredding and slicing options. Besides that, there is a feed tube in the food processor, which is beneficial when you need to add more Yam pieces.
How Do You Make Pounded Yam With A Food Processor?
First of all, cut the Yam into pieces and boil them in hot water. After that, you can add these boiled Yam pieces to your food processor, which will mince them in around two minutes. Remember that this time may vary depending on the motor and speed of the food processor.
The Yam pieces in the machine will become soft, which resemble dough. If you want, you can grind this again to have a more fluffy texture. This smooth dough is the Pounded Yam, and you can taste it.
Can All Food Processors Pound Yam?
No, not all the food processors can Pound Yam. Some food processors can only grind soft foods, and because of that, they can not mince Yam. If you try to use these soft food machines to make Pounded Yam, they tend to stop working.
Keeping in mind all these reasons, you should only use powerful and durable food processors for making Pounded Yam.
There are several food processors in different sizes, shapes, capacities, and prices. However, finding the particular food processors for Pounded Yam is not an easy task. We tested hundreds of models and carefully selected these five products after thorough examinations.
Our top pick is Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor. It is an affordable 9-cup capacity food processor with four preset programs, a powerful motor, and a durable silver finish. This model features chop, slice, mix, shred, and puree options.
Our top product includes an independent dough blade which is beneficial while grinding Pounded Yam. Also, it can make 2 pounds of dough in around 30 seconds.